Monday 21 September 2009

Louis Sclavis feat. Ernest Pignon-Ernest

I was looking for a particular tune by Louis Sclavis that I wanted to share with you. I found it on YouTube. He is a very experimental musician and doesn't seem to obey any rules or see any boundaries between genres. I love the clarinet on this track. Juslisen...




The video that accompanies it turned out to be a slideshow of one of my favourite street artists, Ernest Pignon-Ernest.

Unlike the contemporary street art movement, Ernest makes each artwork a unique masterpiece, meaning he doesn't mass produce or bomb streets. Instead, you can feel that each and every piece was made with so much attention to detail, and the locations picked carefully. Most of his stuff is quite dark and would probably send shivers down my spinal chord if I were to ever encounter one on the street.

Have a look at his website to experience higher quality pics of his works.